Faculty Policies Committee
April 30, 2001
Present: Charlotte Price, Sabina Widner, Lee Ann Caldwell, Peggy Ruth Geren, Beth Fanning, Bruce Saul, Jim Benedict, Ed Pettit, Roxann Bustos, Jim Garvey, Donna Hobbs, Andy Hauger, Wayne Mixon, Paul Harris, Bill Dodd, Barbara Coleman, Jonathan Leightner, Jana Sandarg
Secretary: Sabina Widner/Roxann Bustos.
1. The minutes of April 16 were approved.
2. Lee Ann distributed the proposed part-time compensation scale that went to the president=s cabinet. Bruce Saul will chair the part-time subcommittee next year and continue to work on this issue.
3. Ed passed out copies of the faculty role model survey summary to those who were not at the last meeting. The new committee will need to continue to work on this.
4. Jonathan mentioned that the issue of independent reviews of promotion & tenure packets was not dealt with and should be considered by the new committee.
5. Charlotte asked for volunteers for FPC secretary and Roxann agreed to serve.
6. Peggy Ruth agreed to serve as acting FPC chair while she checks with her department.
7. Charlotte excused the retiring committee members.
8. Charlotte summarized items the new chair and committee will need to deal with including, in addition to the items mentioned above: the Committee on Committees, appointing Faculty Secretary, mentoring, presenting the faculty manual reorganization to the faculty, reviewing faculty elections, establishing FPC web site, and implementing the FPC review calendar.
9. If a meeting is needed this summer, June 11 was selected as a potential date.
10. The following subcommittees were selected:
Committee on Committees: Bill Dodd, chair
Mentoring: Wayne Mixon, chair
10. Charlotte reminded Peggy Ruth that a job that will need immediate attention is sending a reminder to committees regarding getting end of year reports to the FPC.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 4:00 p.m. The next meeting will be called by Peggy Ruth.