Faculty Policies Committee
November 5, 2001
Present: Roxann Bustos (secretary), Barbara Coleman, Beth Fanning, Jim Garvey, Peggy Ruth Geren, Paul Harris (chair), Andy Hauger, Donna Hobbs, Bruce Saul
The minutes of the October 29 meeting were corrected and approved.
1. We will meet with President Bloodworth this Wednesday (11/7) at 3:00 P.M.
2. Mandatory Student Fee Committee: We will ask President Bloodworth to clarify this request.
3. Faculty Marshal: Bruce Saul will contact potential candidates.
4. Promotion and Tenure Guidelines: Andy Hauger’s draft response to Sharon Feaster was distributed. Andy will send it with minor modifications suggested by the committee. We will collect information this year on how the new guidelines are working before attempting changes. Paul Harris will discuss the issue of credit for activities at previous institutions with Dr. Bompart.
5. Semester Schedule: Faculty emails on the subject were discussed. It is known that the President is interested in this issue; he will probably discuss it with us on Wednesday.
5. New Business:
· A faculty email regarding lack of faculty input in the budget process was discussed. Paul will mention this to Dr. Bompart and Dr. Bloodworth.
· Paul shared a FAX from Atlanta stating that our Program Review plan meets basic requirements.
· We still have not found a Faculty Secretary. Paul will ask Dr. Bompart to send out another email.
The meeting adjourned at 4:00 P.M.