Present: Hauger (Chair), M. Benedict, Coleman, Dodd, Eisenman, Gardiner, Garvey, J. Heck (Secretary), D. Hobbs, Reese, Sandarg, Widner
* Minutes of April 22, 2002 were approved with corrections.
* Recommended Names for Parking Advisory Committee - Mandatory Student Fee Committee assignments: Bill Dodd will check on this and clarify any further action needed on the part of the FPC.
* Employee Benefits Committee (EBC) report:
The committee reviewed the history of the research done to compare retirement plans and concluded that new faculty require additional information about their retirement options before choosing a plan, since the choice is irrevocable. The committee approved a motion to distribute a document to faculty containing two pages of relevant information about retirement options. A brief introduction will be written to accompany the document, which will also include a link to a Web page containing the entire EBC report.
The committee also voted to approve sending on the EBC proposals passed April 23, 2002 to Dr. Bloodworth for action by the appropriate agency.
* Jana Sandarg, Sabina Widner, and Jim Garvey will meet soon to prepare for the Fall faculty mentoring program.
* The committee deferred all other agenda items to Fall, 2002.
Next Meeting: August 26, 2002 at 3 p.m. in the Skinner Hall Dean's conference room.
The meeting adjourned at 3:12 p.m.