January 14, 2002
Bustos (secretary), Barbara Coleman, Bill Dodd, Beth Fanning, Peggy Ruth Geren,
Paul Harris (chair), Andy Hauger, Donna Hobbs, Wayne Mixon, Jana Sandarg
Minutes of the December 3 meeting were approved.
Secretary: Paul Harris will
contact Dr. Bompart regarding two possible candidates for Faculty
Crute’s reduction of paperwork proposal: Donna Hobbs and Andy Hauger talked to Tom to clarify
what is needed to implement this. Computer Services has said they can
create e-forms, which could greatly decrease the amount of paper needed
for new course/course change proposals. Donna and Andy will ask Tom to write up a proposal,
which we will try to get on the agenda of the next faculty meeting.
Review Committee: Dr. Bompart overlooked the matter and will call a
meeting so the committee can complete its work.
Faculty: Paul will remind Deans and Department Chairs of the need to send
lists of current part-time faculty to the Personnel Office and to be sure
part-time faculty know they can obtain “regular” ID cards.
Bloodworth wants to meet with us on February 4 at 3:00 P.M. Place to be
Dodd will do his homework from the last meeting.
Harris mentioned an instance of plagiarism; a discussion of the issue
next FPC meeting will be Monday, January 28 at 3:00 P.M.
The meeting adjourned at 4:10 P.M.