Faculty Policies Committee Minutes
March 11, 2002
Present: Barbara Coleman, Bill Dodd, Beth Fanning, Jim Garvey, Peggy Ruth Geren, Paul Harris (chair), Andy Hauger, Donna Hobbs, Wayne Mixon, Jana Sandarg, Bruce Saul (acting secretary),
1. Paul Harris introduced Chip Matson, Bill English and Cryste Pate from Computer
Services. The topic of discussion was the "Campus Pipeline". The FPC agreed that it
would be a great advance for our campus.
2. The group discussed the retirement option memo sent to the ASU faculty from
President Bloodworth. The Employee Benefits Committee will be instructed to continue
their research and forward their findings to the faculty.
3. Barbara Coleman will look into the depth of detail presented (by personnel
documents) to new faculty concerning retirement plan options.
4. Paul Harris will contact Jasper Cooke about the Public Safety procedures used to
contact students while in class.
5. Bruce Saul was given permission to fill two University Council vacancies with
faculty receiving the next highest vote counts in the election last spring.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:30 P.M.