Minutes, Faculty Policies Committee Notes,
Present: Barbara Coleman, Bill Dodd, Cliff Gardiner, Jim Garvey, Andy Hauger (chair), Jeff Heck (secretary), Bill Reese, Jana Sandarg, Sabina Widner
Agenda items: Old Business
1. Employee Benefits Tracking After exploring options for providing additional information to new faculty, the FPC chose to check the status of similar recommendations made last year to President Bloodworth from the Employee Benefits Committee. Andy Hauger will discuss this with President Bloodworth.
The committee will develop a rough draft of a survey of new faculty concerning employee benefits presentations. Mentors will be asked to work on the survey with their charges. Sabina Widner will provide Jana Sandarg with a list of names.
The FPC also discussed policy concerning retirement income rates based on the final two years of active teaching service. Bill Dodd will bring the most recent Teachers Retirement System book to the next meeting for further review. Other campus experts will be contacted.
2. Parking Committee Bill Dodd collected the names of three volunteers from the FPC, Michelle Benedict, Bill Reese, and Andy Hauger, to submit as members from the faculty at large.
3. Sexual Harassment Sabina Widner met with her committee with Ernestine (prior chair) present. They noted a difference between policy appearing in the Faculty Manual and the Student Handbook; these policies need to be unified. The handouts provided by Bill Dodd were useful and new policy is being drafted based on this material and on ideas in the original letter.
4. Athletics Committee Concern The recommendation for a change in membership of the Athletics Committee will be on the Faculty Meeting agenda the week of the 23rd.
5. Lyceum Committee Concern A recommendation to change the responsibilities section of the Lyceum Committee description in the faculty manual will be forwarded to the chair of Lyceum for comment.
6. Retention and Graduation Study
President Bloodworth approved use of the
Bill Dodd will pull additional data from Banner for the next meeting.
The assignment for the September 23 meeting is to review the new materials.
7. Cullum Ad Hoc Committee Discussion delayed to meeting of the 23rd.