Faculty Policies Committee Minutes
10 April 2006
Members present: Peggy Ruth Geren, Pam Hayward, Donna Hobbs, Pam Jackson, Rick Pukis, Bruce Saul, Mike Searles, Cathy Tugmon, Barry Thompson
1. Peggy Ruth called the meeting to order at 3:00 pm.
2. The FPC unanimously approved minutes from 27 March 06.
3. Peggy Ruth and Rick met with ITS about progress on obtaining software to assist the FPC in their selection of faculty to serve on campus committees. They were given the date 24April as the completion date for a simple version of the software. Faculty will be able to sign up for committees from 24-28April.
4. The FPC continued their discussion about the faculty grievance (against students) procedure. Joyce Jones met earlier in the week with Peggy Ruth and Pam Jackson to discuss this topic.
5. Joyce Jones met with the FPC to discuss her perception of our proposed faculty grievance procedure. The FPC was able to utilize her suggestions to better design a process to follow.
6. The FPC also asked Joyce for suggestions to help students participate in assigned campus committee appointments. Student government officers will stress the importance of these assignments next fall.
7. Joyce also discussed the role of the student activities office in funding student organizations, events and contracts.
8. The meeting was adjourned at 4:25pm.