Faculty Policies Committee Minutes
13 January 2006
Members present: Peggy Ruth Geren, Pam Hayward, Donna Hobbs, Pam Jackson, Wayne Mixon, Rick Pukis, Bob Reeves, Jana Sandarg, Bruce Saul, Mike Searles, Barry Thompson, Cathy Tugmon
1. Peggy Ruth called the meeting to order at 3:00 pm.
2. The FPC unanimously approved minutes from 21 November 05.
3. The FPC discussed participant continuity on the Cullum Committee and Jana Sandarg suggested ways that would accomplish this goal. The FPC will send the faculty the following suggested revisions for the Cullum Committee section in the Faculty Handbook (changes are italicized ): Section 204.5.1 Membership (second sentence): The committee will also include the deans of the colleges (ex officio and non-voting), two students, a representative of the Cullum Foundation, the Director of Continuing Education or that person's designee (ex officio and non-voting), the Director of Media Services or that person's designee (ex officio and non-voting) and the Chair of the Cullum Committee from two years prior (ex officio and non-voting). AND Section 204.5.2 Responsibilities (add to last paragraph): Each Chair will compile a notebook of summary procedural information including a time-line of the duties of the Cullum Committee members. The notebook will be kept at the library as a historical reference for future Chairs.
4. Cathy Barner from ITS wants to meet with the FPC to discuss an on-line committee request form and our opinion on a new teacher evaluation product. She will join us as soon as her schedule permits.
5. Peggy Ruth and Eddie Howard will meet with student government officers to discuss student participation on campus committees. This will occur in the next few weeks.
6. Jeff Heck will meet with the FPC on 23 January to discuss faculty secretary duties.
7. The FPC will meet with several faculty members on 30 January to discuss some issues of concern.
8. Rick Pukis announced that the remaining asbestos composite roofs on campus will be replaced as soon as funding is secured.
9. Future meetings will be held on Mondays at 3pm.
10. The meeting was adjourned at 4:00pm.