Faculty Policies Committee Minutes
20 February 2006
Members present: Peggy Ruth Geren, Pam Hayward, Donna Hobbs, Rick Pukis, Bob Reeves, Jana Sandarg, Bruce Saul, Mike Searles, Cathy Tugmon, Barry Thompson
1. Peggy Ruth called the meeting to order at 3:00 pm.
2. The FPC unanimously approved minutes from 13 February 06.
3. Cathy Barner was sick so discussions of student evaluation options were rescheduled. ITS software adjustments to faculty appointments to university committees will be discussed at a later date.
4. The FPC discussed some wording questions forwarded by the University Council in our recommended changes for the Faculty Manual.
5. The FPC discussed the faculty grievance policy. We briefly reviewed published policy and tabled further decisions our next meeting.
6. Peggy Ruth said that she asked the Faculty Recognition Committee to make sure that all paperwork reflects the name change of the Outstanding Teaching Award.
7. The FPC discussed the best way to remind each university committee chair to send in an annual report.
8. The meeting was adjourned at 3:45pm.