Faculty Policies Committee Minutes
27 March 2006
Members present: Peggy Ruth Geren, Donna Hobbs, Pam Jackson, Rick Pukis, Bob Reeves, Jana Sandarg, Bruce Saul, Cathy Tugmon, Barry Thompson
1. Peggy Ruth called the meeting to order at 3:00 pm.
2. The FPC unanimously approved minutes from 20 March 06.
3. Peggy Ruth and Rick will meet with ITS about progress on obtaining software to assist the FPC in their selection of faculty to serve on campus committees.
4. The FPC continued their discussion about the faculty grievance (against students) procedure. Joyce Jones will meet with us on 10 April to discuss this topic.
5. Volunteers to help Bruce and Donna count ballots were solicited. The faculty voting process has been going very smoothly thanks to FPC volunteers and Reese Library staff.
6. The FPC began discussions about the definition of full-time faculty and voting rights.
7. Peggy Ruth was told that the office of the VPAA will see that a reception is held for faculty recognized on Honors Night every Spring semester.
8. Suggested changes (as information only) in the Grants Office portion of the Faculty Manual will be forwarded to the University Council.
9. The FPC received the following as potential Cullum 2008 topics: Korea, Creativity, Native Americans, and Global Warming. Peggy Ruth will request proposals from faculty.
10. The FPC voted to suggest a change in the Faculty Manual by adding the following section: 220.127.116.11.3.9 The Faculty Policies Committee shall notify the faculty of the general agenda prior to their weekly meetings.
11. The meeting was adjourned at 4:35pm.