Faculty Policies Committee Minutes
6 February 2006
Members present: Peggy Ruth Geren, Pam Hayward, Donna Hobbs, Pam Jackson, Rick Pukis, Bob Reeves, Jana Sandarg, Bruce Saul, Mike Searles, Barry Thompson
1. Peggy Ruth called the meeting to order at 3:05 pm.
2. The FPC unanimously approved minutes from 30 January 06.
3. Cathy Barner will visit on 20 Feb to discuss student evaluation options.
4.Peggy Ruth asked the FPC if it would be appropriate for a student to observe our proceedings. A discussion followed with a decision to defer until an undetermined date.
5. The FPC discussed concerns about student activities office procedures. The FPC will invite a student activities representative in the near future. More discussions will take place during that meeting.
6. Rick Pukis announced that Apple representatives would be meeting the ITS Committee on 2 March to discuss “podcasting” uses on campus. Interested FPC members were invited to attend.
7. The FPC was asked to review a grievance policy. Discussions will continue after a few questions are answered.
8. The meeting was adjourned at 4:15pm.