Faculty Policies Committee Minutes – Oct. 9, 2006
Attending: Carol Rychly, Charles Jackson, Rick Pukis, Robert Reeves, Mike Searles, Jim Benedict, Tom Colbert, Sam Myers, Donna Hobbs, Cathy Tugmon (chair), and Debbie van Tuyll (secretary)
1. Tugmon called the meeting to order and asked for corrections to the minutes. Two amendments were made to the minutes of October 2. Under item No. 6, the words “to send to the faculty” were added after the word “statement” in the last line Under item No. 8, the word “academic” was changed to “calendar.” The minutes were approved with these amendments.
2. Pam Jackson led the committee in revising the wording of the proposed faculty grievance policy for the Faculty Manual. She will make the revisions and circulate a printed copy of the policy to committee members for final comments next week.
3. Tugmon circulated her proposed statement to the faculty regarding the suspension of the 2008 Cullum Lecture Series. She will e-mail the final version to FPC members for comment later this week.
4. Pukis reported on the Student Technology Fee budget and requests for this year. After the $200,000 is removed for equipping University Hall, $461,000 is available for campus projects. Requests for funding under that fee total about $1.4 million for this year.
5. Tugmon reminded committee members that the Faculty Mentor/Mentee luncheon is this Friday, October 13, at 1 p.m. at the Pinnacle Club.
6. Myers passed out a list of questions she is proposing to ask committee chairs regarding mission, constitution, etc. The questions will be discussed at the next meeting.
7. Pukis will bring food to the next meeting.
Debbie van Tuyll