Faculty Policies Minutes – Jan. 29, 2007
Attending: Carol Rychly, Charles Jackson, Rick Pukis, Mike Searles, Jim Benedict, Donna Hobbs, Pam Jackson, Sam Myers, Robert Reeves, Tom Colbert, Cathy Tugmon (chair), and Debbie van Tuyll (secretary).
1. Minutes of the Jan. 22 meeting were approved with one correction. The ballot that Justin Clifton developed was the faculty committee preference ballot rather than the faculty election ballott.
2. The committee continued its work on revising the policy regarding the constitution of post-tenure review committees. Tugmon will include the new revisions and bring the policy to the next meeting for further consideration.
3. Van Tuyll presented revisions to the policy being developed to guide the Faculty Research and Faculty Development Committee’s work. Committee members specifically asked for the policy to be broadened to include consideration of non-travel related funding requests. Van Tuyll and Jackson will work on those revisions. Committee members also asked Charles Jackson to look at the FRFD Committee’s call for proposals and its various forms to see if they can be revised to be less travel specific. Consideration of the timing of the calls for proposals was tabled for the moment as well.
4. Topics for the next meeting include: the survey of faculty workload; the upcoming faculty elections; the student technology fee; and faculty benefits.
5. Van Tuyll will bring snacks next week.
6. The meeting adjourned at 3:50.
Debbie van Tuyll