Faculty Policies Minutes March 5, 2007
Attending: Carol Rychly, Rick Pukis, Jim Benedict, Donna Hobbs, Sam Myers, Robert Reeves, Tom Colbert, Cathy Tugmon (chair), Debbie van Tuyll (secretary), and Helen Hendee visiting.
1. Minutes of the Feb. 26 meeting were approved without corrections.
2. Tugmon reported on an e-mail shes received regarding the computer use agreements faculty were recently required to sign. The agreements are being revised and will be sent out soon. She also reported that Ray Whiting has requested a meeting for March 19. The committee agreed to meet with him that day.
3. Tugmon circulated revisions of the Scholarship Committee consistution policy, the Academic Policy Committee policy, the Post Tenure Review Committee constitution policy, and the Lyceum constitution policy. The policies were approved with the exception of the Post Tenure Review policy, which needs a few minor changes.
4. The committee discussed the Cullum Study Committee report and agreed to recommend to the academic vice president that some sort of interdisciplinary program continue to exist. The committee members voted to support the recommendations in the report. Myers will draft a response that can be forwarded to the academic vice president.
5. Committee members reported on the progress of the survey collections.
6. Committee members agreed to the following schedule for the remainder of the semester:
March 12 consider the changes for the Faculty Manual that Jeff Heck sent forward
March 19 meet with Ray Whiting
March 26 work on the workload report
April 9 review the final workload report that will be sent to the president
April 16 meet with the president if he has any questions about the workload report
8. Members discussed faculty reaction to the last faculty meeting.
9. Colbert will bring food next week.
Debbie van Tuyll