Faculty Policies Committee Minutes
December 1, 2008
Members present: Ted Atkinson, Rob Bledsoe, Tom Crute, Paula Dohoney, Wally Evans, Wayne Mixon, Bruce Saul, Jana Sandarg, Mike Searles, Robert Smalley, Steve Weis.
1) Tom called the FPC Committee to order and welcomed Associate Vice President Dodd at 2:35pm.
2) Minutes from 24November were approved. They will be posted soon.
3) The FPC discussed the Lecturer and Instructor job descriptions with Dr. Dodd. Topics included: history of these designations, longevity associated with these positions, possibility of tenure, Learning Support faculty descriptions, examples of use, levels of benefits, and how to insert related information into the Faculty Manual.
4) The group discussed the cancellation and proposed removal of several classes that are listed in the ASU Catalog. After a lengthy discussion, Tom will gather background information and further action will take place at the next FPC meeting.
5) The FPC was asked to consider making faculty attendance required at graduation. The group decided not to discuss this topic at this time.
6) All other items will be moved to the meeting on 12January09.
Adjourned at 4:10 pm.