Frequently Asked Questions
What is the tuition at Augusta State University?
Our schedule of fees is available online by clicking here.
What is the application deadline for each semester?
The application deadline for each semester is usually one month before the semester begins. To see a detailed calendar of deadlines please visit the Admissions Deadlines.
How do I learn about Financial Aid?
The financial aid office is located on the second floor of Payne Hall. You can also find information on their web site or give them a call at (706) 737-1431.
How do I know what credits transfer from other colleges?
Our registrar's office has an Online Transfer Equivalency Guide. This is a general guide concerning transferability. An official evaluation will be completed when you are accepted to ASU.
What are your admissions requirements?
Requirements vary depending on your admissions classification. Our requirements are available online, just click here.
What are the Admissions Office hours of operation?
The Admissions Office is open Monday & Tuesday 8am - 6pm and Wednesday - Friday from 8am - 4:30pm.
How do I apply for financial aid?
Follow these simple steps to apply for financial aid at Augusta State University:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Allow up to 7 to 14 days for processing. If you file a paper FAFSA, processing could take up to 4 weeks. Remember to list ASU as your institution of choice. Our Title IV School Code is 001552.
- The FAFSA will generate a Student Aid Report (SAR). Upon receipt, carefully read the instructions and check the SAR for accuracy. Make corrections if necessary. You DO NOT need to submit your SAR to the Financial Aid Office.
- If you have been selected for verification, you will need to complete a verification worksheet and submit it with a signed copy of your prior year tax return (if you filed), as well as your parents' signed return if you are a dependent student, or your spouse's signed return if you are married. Additional documentation may be required in some cases. The verification process can take up to 4 weeks during peak periods.
- If the verification process results in mandatory corrections, they must be resubmitted to the federal processor. Turn-around time can take up to 2 weeks.
- After your aid has been packaged, if you wish to apply for a student loan, you must complete a Loan Request Form. Turn-around time varies, but you should apply as early as possible.
How do I locate different buildings on campus?
You can view our Building Layout online.
How do I check my application status?
You can check your Application Status by visiting the ASU Admissions homepage.
Does ASU have housing?
Yes, ASU has Campus Housing. You can learn more about our brand new student apartments by clicking here.
What if I don't know what I want to major in?
If no preferred major is indicated on your application you will classified as an undeclared major. Your records will be assigned to the Academic Advising Center for academic advising. Their telephone number is (706) 731-7979.