Home-Schooled Admissions Requirements
ASU recognizes that most students who have graduated from a non-accredited home school or high school are amply prepared for college work.
The University System of Georgia policy dictates that in addition to SAT I scores and the Freshman Index, students must present seventeen (17) specific required High School curriculum units to be accepted to a state university. See Beginning Freshman Requirements for details.
These units must be completed through a high school with regional accreditation. This accreditation is determined through an association with the Georgia Accrediting Commission, the Georgia Private School Accrediting Commission, or through a public high school regulated by the school system and the Department of Education.
Students who have completed the RHSC's in a home schooled program or secondary school that is not accredited by one of the agencies listed above have the following four (4) options available in order to validate RHSC units. Students can select the option per subject area that is most suitable for them. Files of students who have selected options Two(2) and Four (4) to validate RHSC subjects will be reviewed by a university committee consisting of the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Director of Admissions and Associate Director of Admissions.
- Submit a high school transcript and subject test scores from the Stanford Achievement, California Achievement test or the Iowa Test of Basic Skills for each RHSC subject area. Scores greater than or equal to the 50 percentiles of national takers will validate acceptable proficiency in RHSC subject areas.
- Submit a high school transcript (please use linked form) and a syllabus for each college preparatory course completed. Submit all chapter, unit and final cumulative subject test taken. Or provide research papers and/or projects if grades for courses are based on these items instead of examinations.
- RHSC's in Mathematics can be validated with a SAT I score of at least 450 or an ACT score of at least 19. RHSC's in English can be validated with a SAT I verbal score of at least 450 or an ACT score of at least 18. Students can validate additional RHSC's by presenting other standardized tests such as CLEP or SAT II.
- If a student wishes to submit other evidence to validate RHSC's, tests or certifications not specifically mentioned. The committee members can use their discretion to use other information to validate RHSC units.
- Any further documents as requested by the ASU Office of Admissions
*Note: Students with verbal SAT scores less than 500 or ACT English scores less than 21 will take the English and Reading portions of the COMPASS Examination for placement. All students bound by freshmen admissions requirements must take COMPASS Examination for placement in Math.
SAT II Subject Test
Minimum required scores:
American History& Social Studies-560
Math IC or Math IIC 500, or 570
ASU recognizes that most Home-schooled students are amply prepared for college work. For more information on Augusta State University's Home School admission policies, please contact Carol Giardina via e-mail or by calling (706) 737-1632.