International Students Admissions Requirements
If you are not a U.S. citizen or resident, ask the ASU Office of Admissions to send you its special information for international students. You can request the information by mailing a request (Office of Admissions, Benet House, 2500 Walton Way, Augusta, GA 30904-2200; calling our office at (706) 667-4091 or 1-800-341-4373; or emailing Kathy Herrington, Associate Director of Admissions who works with international admissions.
Undergraduate application process and procedure (including documents required):
Because additional processing time is required for international students, you should submit the international application and all supporting documents at least 90 days prior to the desired semester of entrance.
You must submit the following:
- A completed and signed ASU International Application Form (online version). After reading the instructions carefully and creating your account, choose the International Application. You can also view and print the application in pdf format. To use the view and print option, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded on you computer and configured to work with your web browser (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.) The software can be downloaded for free from the Internet.
- A non-refundable U.S. $30 application fee
- Completed and signed certification of financial support and attached documentation (bank statements, scholarship letters, etc.). See page four of the International Student Application.
- Official copies of your secondary and post secondary education records with official English translations using one of the following agencies with a course by course evaluation of all post secondary, non-American style transcripts. You can utilize the services of any agency that is a current member of NACES. For details visit www.naces.org/members.htm, AACRAO Foreign Education Credential Services. www.aacrao.org/international/foreignEdCred.cfm, or International Education Evaluations, INC. www.foreigntranscripts.com
- Official SAT (Scholastic Aptitude test) or ACT (American College Test) results
- Official TOEFL scores for non-native speakers of English. Non-native speakers of English. Test must have been taken in the past two years. Click here for more details.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) cannot be forwarded to you until an offer of acceptance has been extended. If it is determined that you are academically eligible to attend ASU, you will be required to pay a NON-REFUNDABLE tuition deposit of $2,000. U.S. dollars by bank check payable to Augusta State University before ASU will issue your I-20.
Click here for more details about the F-1 Class Student Visas, Form I-20, and Certification of Financial Support.