Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States
Effective Fall 2011, Upon acceptance to Augusta State University, all students seeking Georgia resident tuition classification are required to verify their lawful presence in the United States.
Applicants may provide one of the following documents for verification of lawful presence:
- A Certified Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the United States or a U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable. Birth certificates must bear raised seal.*
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N - 550 or N - 570).
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N - 560 or N - 561).
- U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS - 1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS - 240).
- A current U.S. Passport.
- A current Driver's License or ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current Driver's License or ID issued by the State of South Carolina after Novermber 1, 2008.
- A current Driver's License or ID issued by the State of Alabama after August 1, 2000.
- A current military License or ID (service member only, not dependent)**
- A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)
This documentation can be submitted in person to the Admissions Office in Benet House or by mail to the Office of Admissions. In addition those documents that do not require that they be certified can also be submitted by fax to the Office of Admissions or by email to email@example.com
Not sure what you need?
Click here to speak with an advisor!