Advising Support from UMAC For students graduating under semester catalog.
Unless otherwise noted, the following requirements apply to baccalaureate degrees (associate degree requirements differ) under the semester catalog.
Core Area A - Essential Skills
· ENGL1101 & ENGL1102 (or ENGL1112 & ENGL1114) must be completed with grades of C or better.
· Non-Science majors must complete MATH 1111 or MATH 1101.
· Science majors must complete MATH 1113.
· Area A contains a minimum of 9 hours. This requirement is not appealable.
Core Area B - Institutional Options
· HUMN 2001/HUMN 2002 World Humanities (Part of an eight-hour sequence with the remaining hours in Area C).
· COMS 1010 or COMS 1020 or HONR 1010
· Area B contains a minimum of 4 hours. This requirement is not appealable (Differs for the ASN and AASCJ program).
Core Area C - Humanities & Fine Arts
· HUMN 2001/HUMN 2002 World Humanities (Part of an eight-hour sequence with a total of 2 hours credited to Area B).
· Area C contains a minimum of 6 hours. This requirement is not appealable (Differs for the ASN and AASCJ program).
Core Area D - Science, Mathematics and Technology
· Non-Science majors must take two non-sequenced lab science courses and a mathematics course.
· Science majors must take two sequenced lab courses and a mathematics course.
· Area D contains a minimum of 11 hours. This requirement is not appealable (Differs for the ASN and AASCJ program).
Core Area E - Social Science
· US History and American Government are required courses. The other two social science courses are chosen from a select group of courses.
· Area E contains a minimum of 12 hours. This requirement is not appealable (Differs for the ASN and AASCJ program).
Core Area F - Courses Related to the Major
· Area F must contain 18 hours and is major specific. This requirement is not appealable.
CPC courses may not be counted toward graduation. (Differs for ASN program.)
· See ADV101: CPC Deficiencies
Grade Point Average
The adjusted grade point average at the time of graduation must be a 2.0. This requirement is not appealable.
· Georgia History, Georgia Constitution, US History and US Constitution requirements must be satisfied. This is not appealable.
· ASU students satisfy these requirements with HIST2111 or 2112 and POLS1101. Students with transfer credit in these courses may have to pass tests or take additional classes.
One half of a student's major must
be completed at
One half of a student's minor must
be completed at
Minimum Hour Requirement
Students are required to earn a
minimum of 120 semester hours to graduate from
Physical Education/Wellness Requirement
The Physical Education/Wellness requirement is three (3) courses. WELL1000 and two activity courses are required. One of the activity courses should be aquatics (WELL14xx) OR the student may take 2 non-aquatic courses and pass a smimming proficiency test. (ASN degree candidates may satisfy the WELL1000 requirement satisfied through their Nursing coursework. Other associate degree candidates must have WELL1000 and an activity course (aquatics).)
· See ADV101: General Graduation Requirements
Regents' Testing Program
The essay and reading portions of the Regents' Testing Program must be passed. This requirement is not appealable.
Students graduating from