Art as Your Major or Minor
how to declare art as a major or minor online
1) To change or declare an art major, first log in to MyASU. On the left side, you will see several icons.
2) Click on Elroy, which will open in a new window.
3) To see what your declared major currently is, click on the Student tab (next to Personal Information). Next select Student Records and then View Student Information. This will list all of your holds, grades, and current major/minor.
4) To change your major or minor, click on Personal Information. About halfway down the list of options is Submit a Change of Major. When you select Art as your major, it will ask you which program of study, then which concentration, and finally if you have a new minor.
-- Keep in mind that the only degree track in Art that allows you to have a minor is our Bachelor of Arts General Art track. None of the B.F.A. degree tracks have that option, as they require additional coursework in upper level studio courses instead. --
5) If you are adding an art minor, go through the steps selecting your current major and concentration and then add Art when you get to "New Minor." At this time we do not have minors in the different specialized areas.