After 1842, before 1879
Oil on canvas
Musée Fau, Conques, France
The inscription on the lower left of the painting is "Conques eut
recours à St. Roch, dans son épidémie de 1842" -- "[The
town of] Conques turned to St. Roch during its epidemic of 1842."
The church of Conques is shown in the background as it was before
towers were added in 1879.
More of St. Roch
Photographed at the
site by Richard Stracke