Georgia Science Olympiad
Exploring the World of Science
WHAT'S NEW ON THIS SITE:
31 MaY 2011 :MICROBE GRAPHS
6 December 2010: Building aspects of Awesome Aquifer
23 November, 2010
1.Compute This (B): all sites have a site license for Internet Explorer. Item 3a becomes irrelevant. all systems have Microsoft Office, 2007 version
2. Storm the Castle (B): Each site will require that graphs etc be submitted ahead of the competiton day. Contact the site director for more information.
3. Helicopters (C): log books will not be required
4. Fulton Science Academy invitational details:click the link below under 17 Nov.
17 November 2010: two more invitationals, both on December 11, 2010
a. C: Westside High School, Augusta. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
b.B: Fulton Science Academy, Alpharetta. Contact:
Other things: In C this year we will only have 22 events for scoring. Sumobots will be a trial and we will not add another event in its place.
2 November 2010
1. Tentative Brookwood Invitational Schedule
2. Battery Buggy: the width of the course for all regional sites will be 1.5m. The width for the state will be 1.0 m
5 October: Date change for state B. The new date for the state B is 12 March 2011.
21 September 2010
1. 15 January 2011 Brookwood High School Invitational (email@example.com)
9 September 2010
The C event Sumobots will be run as a trial event. Expect much more communication from sites about this event. There is a good chance that the 23rd event will be Robot Ramble
30 August 2010
I.REGISTRATION: one may now pay registration fee online using a credit card. If you have already registered, but have not paid, you will need to fill out registration material again. I will handle redundancies. To pay by credit card, click on the box that say registration by charge card, then proceed. A generic purchase order form will appear soon incase you may need one.
Manuals are to be shipped to me by the end of the week.
Alpharetta High School has gracioulsy agreed to host a B regional tournament on 26 Feb, 1010.
1. 22 January 2011, JC. Booth invitational Peachtree City
IV. COACH INFO AND TIPS, ESPECIALLY FOR NEW COACHES-- a collection of wrtings from many experienced coaches
28 September 2009: A new category of jokes (disease comparisons) has been added.
14 September 2009: much stuff about various invitationals
We are now doing most of the registration process completely on line. The form takes some time to load, so please be patient. If your school requires some type of purchase order, the confirmation that is e-mailed to you may be used for this item. You may add additional teams over the next few months. The program requires that you reenter all information, as if you are registering for the first time. For registration “form”, click here.
2 Sept 2010: Info about Alpharetta High School invitatonal
11 August 2009: a few more regional date confirmations
5 August 2009:
3. 2nd Annual coaches workshop, 10 October 2009; 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, Meadowcreek High School, Norcross. More info coming soon.
4. Dodgen Middle School (Marrietta) will again host a Student Coach Workshop on October 24, 2009
5. JC Booth Middle School (Peach Tree City) will host a practice invitational January 23, 2010. See information under practice tourneys.
6. Registration form is being modified. Use 2008-09 form until the new form and process appear. Registration fee will remain at $125 for returning teams and $60 for new teams.