Mission, Goals and Duties
To facilitate the pursuit of external funding related to research, creative activity, instruction, and community service
The Office of Grant Administration and Sponsored Programs is committed to encouraging, supporting, and facilitating faculty and staff in seeking external financial support to help the University fulfill its mission and values.
To promote a campus climate that will cultivate an interest and proficiency in pursuing and managing external funding.
- Assist faculty and staff in obtaining grants and contracts for research, public service and instruction which improve student learning and community development.
- Maintain appropriate management controls and standards in the administration of grants, contracts and sponsored programs from the time of award to the time of completion.
- Increase the amount of facilities and administrative costs (indirect) that the University receives through awarded grants and contracts.
Functions and Duties
Functions and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide faculty and staff with timely information on funding opportunities
- Identify department and college funding priorities
- Communicate information about sponsors and funding opportunities to faculty, department
chairs, and deans in support of faculty research interests and institutional goals
- Provide faculty Identification of outside funding sources
- Provide faculty with proposal-writing support
- Process and submit proposals in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide proposal budgeting guidance based on PI needs, agency guidelines, and University policy
- Prepare sponsors' forms and assurances
- Obtain Authorized Organizational Representative's signature on proposals and contracts
- Internal review and approval
- Negotiation, receipt and execution of award
- Establish grant accounts and budget records
- Provide accurate and timely financial reports for grants and contracts
- Monitor grant and contract expenditures for compliance with sponsor and University policies
- Prepare and submit fiscal reports to agencies
- Oversee billing and collection of funds for grants and contracts
- Maintain auditable grant and contract records
- Monitor compliance with research policies and procedures
- Timely and complete closeout.