CSREES Funds Resilience
Agency: Agriculture Dept. (Cooperative State Research, Education & Extension Service, CSREES) and the Natíl Science
Program: Disaster Resilience for Rural Communities;
Funding: $3 million for multiple awards ($1 million from CSREES and $2 million from NSF);
Deadline: Jan. 20.
Purpose: The funds go to initiate new research to understand the factors and conditions which result in resiliency in
communities and families.
Applicants must address at least one of the following topics, or a combination, in terms of the vulnerabilities and resilience
of rural communities to natural hazards or risks from accidents at facilities:
- Hazard mitigation practices of rural communities.
- Hazard preparedness and emergency response in rural communities.
- Disaster recovery in rural communities.
Although applications on any of the topics identified above will be considered, the following are a few examples of potential
emphases for research in rural communities:
- Measuring vulnerability and resilience, their causes and consequences.
- Role of markets, especially agricultural and labor, in understanding vulnerability and resilience.
- Vulnerability and resilience at the individual, group, and community scales.
- Role of culture, complexity, and social networks in vulnerability and resilience.
- Intergovernmental relations in hazard and disaster mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Role of forces and organizations from outside rural communities in the vulnerability and resilience of rural
- Risk perceptions and behavioral reactions to communications from official and other sources.
- Land-use and housing decisions.
Writing A Grant Proposal |
Schalkenbach Foundation |
Paraprofessional Programs |
Suicide Prevention | Financial Education
| Japanese Performing Arts |
Generosity Research | SPECA Grants Program |
Disaster Resilience |
Plant Genome | Whitehall Foundation |
General Mills Foundation |
Student Achievement Grants | Georgia