Funds Go to Improve High School Curriculum
Foundation: American Psychological Foundation (APF);
Opportunity: Pre-College Grant Program;
Funding Focus: Mental health, education, health care;
Funding: $20,000 for multiple awards;
Deadline: May 1.
Purpose: The program provides grants to improve the quality of education in psychological science and its application
in secondary schools.
- Reinforce the discipline of psychology as a science in secondary school curricula.
- Expand the profile of psychology as a science to attract talented high school students to pursue the discipline.
- Convey to high school students that psychological science is a tool to improve society.
- Teach students about career options that apply psychology outside of an academic setting (e.g. NASA, organizational
- Must focus on supporting the education of talented high school students.
Insider's tip: APF encourages applications from individuals who represent diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, age,
disability, and sexual orientation.
Info: For grant more on the program, please visit