$3M Goes to Improve Services for Special Needs Children
Agency: Health & Human Services Dept. (Health Resources & Services Admin, HRSA);
Program: Improving the System of Services for Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) (CFDA
Number: 93.110) (Funding Opportunity Number: HRSA 11-067);
Eligibility: Public and private organizations, including tribal and community organizations and faith-based groups;
Funding: $3 million for 18 awards;
Deadline: Feb. 18.
Purpose: Grantees will use these funds to provide comprehensive, community based systems for CYSHCN and their
families. These systems must provide services that are family centered and culturally competent. The systems must
have the following six outcomes:
1. Families partner in decision making and are satisfied with the services they receive.
2. Children and youth with special health care needs receive coordinated ongoing comprehensive care at one facility.
3. Families of children and youth with special health care needs have adequate insurance and financing to pay for the
services they need.
4. Children are screened early and continuously for special health care needs.
5. Community based service systems are organized so families can use them easily.
6. Youth with special health care needs receive the services necessary to make transitions to adult life, including adult
health care, work and independence.
Insider's tip: HRSA will hold a technical assistance call on Jan. 10 from 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. EST.
Potential applicants can participate by calling toll-free 888-703-8230 (PASSCODE: 871037). Potential applicants are
strongly encouraged to participate in the technical assistance call.
Info: please visit http://tinyurl.com/29aknoj .