Staff & Faculty Accounts
Your password is the security that keeps others from using your account. Your initial password must be changed immediately upon activation of your account. Users who have forgotten a password should contact the Help Desk for assistance (706) 737–1482. Passwords WILL NOT be given out over the phone.
You should set your password to something easily remembered by you (and only you) so that you will not be tempted to write it on a piece of paper. Suggestions on password selection and maintenance are available here .
Compromises in password security normally result from careless password selection or handling. For this reason, you should select a password which does not appear in a dictionary or might be easily guessed by others. The password should also not be a proper name, your license number, birth date, or street address. Any of these may be used as guesses to violate system security.
Banner is the Student Information System for Augusta State University. Employees must complete Banner Fundamentals training before a Banner account can be created. Banner Fundamental Training is Computer Based Training (CBT) that you can complete at your leisure. To gain access to the training material, please submit a Remedy Ticket requesting a Banner Account or contact the Help Desk at extension 1482.
In addition to Banner Fundamentals training, all who access Banner must review the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Guidelines and submit a confirmation form. This information will be sent to you along with your CBT information.
Only administrative offices may request an OASIS or CUFA account, since support for these systems is limited.
PeopleSoft is the system that manages both Financials and Requisitions. Employees who require a PeopleSoft account should create a Change Request with ITS Programming and Systems Support to have their account created, preferably with Remedy Web. Select the summary for "PeopleSoft Financials Account–New" and fill in all information requested.
Employees must attend PeopleSoft training classes before using their account. Training classes are conducted periodically by the Purchasing and Budget Offices, during which the new user will be given their account credentials and will learn how to use the system for requisitions and reporting.
A web based portal that contains a variety of information and services. New faculty and staff have their account created when requested by their department.
- Access to JagMail (web–based Email system)
- Classroom tools such as class bulletin boards and class chat rooms
- Campus & Personal Announcements
- Access into ELROY
- Access to Desire2Learn (An Online Course management system)
Your JagNET account is created when requested by your department. This account is your access for:
- JagNET (the Augusta State University network), which provides access to PeachNet, the University System of Georgia's state–wide network, and the Internet
- JagNET printing (PawPrint$) and file services
- WAASU (ASU Wireless Network)
Desire2Learn is a web–based course management system used by the faculty to provide course–related information and instructional materials. A student must be registered for a class to have an account for that class. If you are a faculty member and are interested in using this program with your classes, please contact Information Technology Services' Assistant Director for Instructional Services who will assist with accounts and training.
- To access Desire2Learn, use your Internet browser to go to MyASU. From the Launch Pad in MyASU, click the Desire2Learn icon. You can also access Desire2Learn by going directly to the Desire2Learn website at https://aug2.view.usg.edu.
- Desire2Learn FAQs
You will need to use your JagNet username and password to access the Desire2Learn FAQs.
Email (General Rules)
- The following file extensions for attachments are NOT permitted as they are detected as potential threat carriers and will be blocked. If you must send an attachment with one of these extensions, first ZIP the file and then send the zipped attachment. These attachments are blocked for both inbound and outbound messages. Messages sent intra–campus are not subject to these restrictions:
.bat, .js, .reg, .vba, .vbs, .com, .jse, .scr, .vbe, .vbx, .exe, .pif, .shs
- Maximum size of an email message (including attachments): 20 MB
- Maximum number of attachments: 10 (ten)
- Maximum email storage space for employee and department accounts: 10 GB
- ASU Email Policy
Getting Started Guide for Majordomo List Owners
- requests to approve subscriptions (or unsubscriptions),
- requests to approve messages to the list (for a moderated list),
- notifications of successful subscriptions or unsubscriptions, and
- bounces (messages sent to the list that were not delivered)
|OPEN||A subscriber to an open list will be approved automatically unless they specify an address different from the one in their email header.|
|CLOSED||All subscriptions to a closed list will be sent to the list owner for approval.|
|MODERATED||All messages are sent to the list owner for approval before they are sent to subscribers.|
|UNMODERATED||Any subscriber can post a message directly to the list.|
|PUBLIC||Subscribers have access to information about other subscribers through the "who" and "which" commands.|
|PRIVATE||Only subscribers can use the archive commands "index" and "get" to access information about other subscribers.|
|AUTO||For a list with the absolute minimum of maintenance (but also a minimum of security), you could create an "auto" list. All subscription or unsubscription requests will be honored without any input from the list owner. For example, anyone could unsubscribe anyone else.|
- Decide who will be the owner.
- Decide on a list name. This name should be representative of the purpose of the list. It can be comprised of letters, digits, underbars (_), or dashes (–) only. To avoid confusing users, it is a good idea to not use both underbars and dashes for your system's listnames. Choose one or the other, then use it consistently.
- The owner should write a description of the list to be mailed out for "info" requests and for new subscriptions. A good description in the "info" file will save you time by avoiding questions later.
- Set the subscription policy (according to the list types above).
- Your are now ready to submit your request: Request for a list
Staff & Faculty
This is included in your JagNET account. Save the pages in the www folder on spots (also know as your Z:\www folder). The first, or primary, page for your site should be named Welcome.html, welcome.html, default.htm, index.html, or index.htm. All other pages can have any name that you would like, but you should not use spaces in the file name. Your web address will be http://spots.aug.edu/yourjagnetuserid/.
Departments, clubs, organizations
Click here to open the Web Publishing Authorization Form . Please be aware that any students seeking to create a website for a department, club, or organization are required to have the respective faculty advisor sign the form before the account will be created.