Your password is the security that keeps others from using your account. Your initial password must be changed immediately upon activation of your account. Users who have forgotten a password should contact the Help Desk for assistance (706) 737–1676. Passwords WILL NOT be given out over the phone.
You should set your password to something easily remembered by you (and only you) so that you will not be tempted to write it on a piece of paper. Suggestions on password selection and maintenance are available here .
Compromises in password security normally result from careless password selection or handling. For this reason, you should select a password which does not appear in a dictionary or might be easily guessed by others. The password should also not be a proper name, your license number, birth date, or street address. Any of these may be used as guesses to violate system security.
A web based portal that contains a variety of information and services. A myASU account is created for all new applicants and stays with the student throughout their time at ASU and after they graduate.
- Access to JagMail (web–based Email system)
- Classroom tools such as class bulletin boards and class chat rooms
- Campus & Personal Announcements
- Access into ELROY (your personal student information)
- Access to Desire2Learn (An Online Course management system)
Use the "Forgot Your Password" box on the myASU Login Screen or call the Help Desk at (706) 737–1676 for assistance.
A student is issued a JagNET account when they complete their registration process. This account remains active for each term you are enrolled. This account is used to access any computer located on the ASU campus, the University Village computer lab, when using WAASU (Wireless Access @ ASU), and when using FTP from off campus. This account provides:
- 50MB of network server disk space
- Your Web page
- Storage space to save your files and documents
- Off Campus access to your storage space (via your ISP)
Desire2Learn is a web–based course management system used by the faculty to provide course–related information and instructional materials. A student must be registered for a class to have an account for that class. If you are a faculty member and are interested in using this program with your classes, please contact Information Technology Services' Assistant Director for Instructional Services who will assist with accounts and training.
- To access Desire2Learn, use your Internet browser to go to MyASU. From the Launch Pad in MyASU, click the Desire2Learn icon. You can also access Desire2Learn by going directly to the Desire2Learn website at https://aug2.view.usg.edu.
- Desire2Learn FAQs
You will need to use your JagNet username and password to access the Desire2Learn FAQs.
Email (General Rules)
- The following file extensions for attachments are NOT permitted as they are detected as potential threat carriers and will be blocked. If you must send an attachment with one of these extensions, first ZIP the file and then send the zipped attachment. These attachments are blocked for both inbound and outbound messages. Messages sent intra–campus are not subject to these restrictions:
.bat, .js, .reg, .vba, .vbs, .com, .jse, .scr, .vbe, .vbx, .exe, .pif, .shs
- Maximum size of an email message (including attachments): 20 MB
- Maximum number of attachments: 10 (ten)
- Maximum email storage space for student accounts: 10 GB
- ASU Email Policy
This is included in your JagNET account. Save the pages in the www folder on jaguar (also know as your Z:\www folder). The first, or primary, page for your site should be named Welcome.html, welcome.html, default.htm, index.html, or index.htm. All other pages can have any name that you would like, but you should not use spaces in the file name. Your web address will be http://jaguar.aug.edu/yourjagnetuserid/.
Departments, clubs, organizations
Click here to open the Web Publishing Authorization Form . Please be aware that your faculty advisor will need to sign the form before the account will be created.