The information on this page is intended to guide you in setting up your computer to use the University Village network, ResNET. If you would like to know some of the benefits of using ResNET, click here .
- Contact the ITS Help Desk at (706) 737–1482, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm, to request your port activation.
- Your port will be activated within 24 hours.
- Turn your computer off.
- Plug one end of the network cable into the network port on your computer.
- Connect the other end to the network jack on the wall. The network jack is orange.
- Turn your computer on.
- Go to "Control Panel" and select "Network Connections"
- Right click "Local Area Network Connection" and select "Properties"
- Select the General Tab. Under "This connection uses the following items" select "TCP/IP Internet Protocol" and click the "Properties" button.
- Select "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically".
- Restart your computer if required.
- Go to "System Preferences" and select "Network"
- Show: Select "Built in Ethernet"
- ConfigureIP: Select "DHCP"
- Click "Apply Now"
- You can browse the web.
- You can use FTP to access your JagNET account. Refer to the JagNET brochure or go online to the ITS website for details on how to find your login name & password. Remember, you MUST authenticate your JagNET account from a lab computer (on campus or at University Village ) before you can access your JagNET web folder from your personal computer in your room.
- You can access MyASU .
We also suggest you refer to this document for more technical information.