Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I opt-in to receive text messages from Augusta State University?
As a faculty, staff, or student, you can opt-in by providing phone numbers via the self-service web portal at Pipeline.
- What happens after I sign up (opt-in) for text messaging via the web portal?
After you sign up online, you will receive a text message to your mobile phone to confirm your request. This occurs during business hours between 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. PST.
- What will the confirmation message say?
The confirmation message will read the following:
[AugustaStateUniv]: You are now confirmed to receive alerts from us.
More info text reply "HELP" or "STOP " to opt-out.
- What if I type back “HELP”?
If you type back HELP, you will receive the message:
NTI alert notifications. Users will receive relevant alerts as needed. For more info www.blackboardconnect.com/sms or firstname.lastname@example.org. (the university’s service provider) To opt-out, text STOP
- From what number will these text messages display?
You will see 23177 as the text messaging number sending you the confirmation message and all subsequent messages. Please save this number and program it as Augusta State University so that you can quickly recognize this number as the official source of Augusta State’s messages.
- If I sign up at night, when will I receive the confirmation message?
The confirmation messages are sent during business hours (10 a.m. to 6 p.m,, PST). Since we upload data into the Blackboard Connect service only on normal business days, you should expect the confirmation request to arrive the following day.
- I did not receive a confirmation message. What happened?
Please check with your mobile phone provider to find out if your device accepts text messages. You may also want to check with your provider to see if text messaging has been enabled. You may need to subscribe to a text messaging plan in order to receive or reply to text messages.
- I did not receive a confirmation message because my phone wasn’t text enabled. I have since contacted my mobile phone provider to enable it. Do I need another confirmation message sent?
No. If your SMS phone was already submitted to our database, you should be confirmed to receive SMS alerts from us. However, you may also test to find out by texting the word “SUBSCRIBE” to 23177 and you will receive a reply with the following:
[AugustaStateUniv]: This phone number has already been opted in. More info text reply "HELP" or "STOP 2500" to opt-out
- How do I opt-out?
You may opt-out at any time by texting “STOP 2500" or “QUIT 2500" to 23177.
- What if I opted-out but later decide I would like to opt-in again?
You may request to begin receiving text messages by texting “SUBSCRIBE 2500" to 23177.
- If I change mobile phone providers but keep the same number, do I need to opt-in again?
No. Once your phone number has been opted-in, it stays registered within the system.
- What if my information is not registered with the school, but I want to receive alerts anyway? Can I text 23177 to “SUBSCRIBE 2500” and still receive messages?
No, you will not receive messages. If you are not part of the school’s contact database, and you try to subscribe, you will receive the message:
You have not followed the Opt-In/Out process correctly. More info text HELP or go to www.blackboardconnect.com/sms