Reese Library computers are provided for research by Augusta State University students, faculty and staff. Community members may use the computers in the Reference Room for one session, not to exceed two hours per day. ASU faculty, staff and students have priority on these stations and community members may be displaced to accommodate them.
1. ASU students, faculty and staff have priority on all public-access computers. When other ASU users are waiting, use is restricted to one hour. Research for classes has priority over other uses of the computers, such as email.
2. Community members may work on a computer in the Reference Room for up to two hours. Registration at the Reference Desk is required.
3. Children are not allowed use of the community computers in the library unless they are in high school and have Reese Library passes signed by their high school teacher or media specialist. High school students without passes must be signed in by a parent or legal guardian.
4. Any harassing, illegal, or in any way disruptive use of the computers will not be tolerated. Violators of this policy will be asked to leave the computer area immediately.
For additional information, see the Augusta State University Computer and Network Usage Policy at: http://www.aug.edu/its/docs/ASU_Computer_and_Network_Usage_Policy.pdf
Services for Library Users with Disabilities
Reese Library accepts gifts of library materials under the following terms:
1. All donated materials become the property of Reese Library, Augusta State University. This material will be managed as any other library material including the disposal of items not meeting the needs of Augusta State University faculty, staff, students or other supported programs.
2. Reese Library does not appraise donated items.
In the event of fire, injury or other emergency situations, library staff
will contact Public Safety
and, when necessary, will alert building occupants to the procedures for
evacuation or taking shelter.
Literature Distribution, Solicitation
Display of posters, distribution of literature, or solicitation are prohibited
unless authorized by the
Library Director or the library
Questions concerning library facilities may be directed to the Library Director, or the library's administrative staff in the Library Administrative Office or by telephone at 706-737-1745.
All patrons must exit via the security gates at the main door. If the
alarm sounds, library staff are authorized to determine the cause. All
books, backpacks, brief cases, bags, and etc., will be checked.
Sexual Harrassement Policy
User Rights Policy