The form below is a sample copy of our rental agreement. The official copy will be sent to you after your
facilities reservations form with your $50 non-refundable deposit has been received.
Sample Rental Agreement
In order to make your reservation official off campus users must initial the policies statement. Please click on this link for a printer version of the policies statement in MS Word.
Reservations & use
1. The user is subject to all University regulations and is responsible for any damages incurred during the scheduled event.
2. Questions concerning booking should be referred to the Maxwell Theatre Director at (706) 729-2310.
3. Questions regarding setup, equipment, etc., should be referred to the Theatre Production Coordinators at (706) 667-4099.
4. The individual requesting the use of the theatre is responsible for contacting Media Services for media equipment or visual aids at (706) 737-1703.
5. Special setup needs can be provided if a Work Request Form is submitted to the Physical Plant Administrative Office at least 10 working days prior to the event. A diagram is helpful for larger setups. Setups are not guaranteed if notice of fewer than10 days is given.
6. Campus facilities are not available for use when the campus is closed ( i.e. , official university holidays).
7. Theatre capacity is 741 plus 8 wheelchair spaces if the thrust is used for performance. If chairs for audience seating are placed on the thrust area, the capacity is 813. Fire regulations do not permit any standing or temporary seating. See Seating Map.
8. The requester is responsible for compliance with all fire and safety regulations, and for providing proper supervision to all participants in the activity scheduled.
9. Not all theatre space is 100% compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act. ( ADA ). The requester should make appropriate inquiries. If use of the wheelchair lift to access the stage level is required, notify the Theatre Production Coordinators at 667-4099.
Fees & expenses for Off Campus Users
10. All public events in the theatre will require the services of ASU Public Safety Officers. Officers will be assigned to each performance at the discretion of the University and the fees will be charged to the requester. Each officer will work a minimum of 3 hours at $18.00 per hour.
11. At the discretion of the University, additional Physical Plant Custodial Services may be required. The cost for custodial services will be charged to the requester.
12. A $50 non-refundable reservation fee must accompany any official reservation request from Off Campus Users. This fee will apply to the eventual total cost of the event.
13. A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the estimated fee must be received from Off Campus Users 30 days before an event. An estimate of the total fee will be provided to the requestor by the ASU Reservations Office.
14. The outstanding balance of the total fee, along with any additional fees (for extra technical staff, custodial work, equipment, etc.) will be billed to the User and will be due within 14 days of receipt.
15. In order to comply with policy mandated by the Board of Regents of the Georgia University System, a Certificate of Insurance and/or Rental Agreement will be required in order to confirm a reservation for all users.
University policies & regulations
16. Building temperature will be maintained according to campus regulations. Any questions should be referred to the Physical Plant Administrative Office at (706) 737-1590.
17. No refreshments are permitted in the auditorium. Receptions with food may be held outdoors on the patio or in the lobby. The Food Service Department of ASU is given first option on providing food and/or beverages for events. Contact the Director of Food Services at (706) 737-1599
18. No smoking is permitted anywhere in the theatre or within 25 feet of any entrance.
19. The serving or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on the Augusta State University campus.
--Fees and terms are subject to change without notice—