How to create a change order
for a travel requisition
Step 1: Open the Requisitions Panel
- From the Menu Bar, select Go |Admin Proc | Req Items
- From the Menu Bar, select Use | Req | Req Form | Update/Display
- The following information will be displayed. Business Unit is already 27000. The Requisition ID is blank. Enter the Requisition ID here. If you only know part of the ID, use the % wildcard, and click Search. For example, %58 would return Requisitions 0000000058, 0000000583 and 0000005830. Select the Requisition from the list and click Ok.
- The Requisition Form panel will display:
Click to Enlarge
Step 2. Create the Change Order
- Click the Line Details button.
- Click the Create Line Change button.
- Make the necessary changes. You can change the Quantity, Price, Description, etc. However, you cannot change the ChartFields or delete a Line.
- Save the Requisition.
Step 3. Process the Requisition.
- The Requisition must be approved, edited, budget checked, and posted.
- Submit the Long Form and the receipts along with the Requisition ID number to the Travel Buyer.
This is what will appear after you click the copy icon.
Click on the down arrow to get the list of available requisitions to copy. This is what will appear next.
Click to Enlarge
Now you must search through this list and find the one that you want to copy. If you know the name of it type the name in the Requisition ID box (the very top box) and click search. For example, if I want to find the requisition called Travel, I type in travel and click search
The first two displayed in this image are the templates. It is recommended that after you successfully complete a travel or per diem req that you copy that new one for your future use. Once you set it up the first time it will have most of the necessary information in it next time you copy it.
Once you select the req to be copied it will open up in the window and you proceed as usual.
- Status: Verify that status is set to Pending Approval
- Requester: Select Requester from the pull down menu.
- Item ID: Leave Item ID blank
- Category: Select a Category. (Remember that this field is case sensitive)
- Long Description: Type in the description of the item. If it is an extensive description you may use COPY and PASTE for this field. Copy the information you need then click the Magnifying Glass next to the Long Description and PASTE the information.
- Quantity: Enter the correct quantity
- UOM: Select the Unit of Measure
- Price: Enter the unit price
- Ship To Location: This will almost always be MAIN for travel Requisitions.
- Due Date: Select the date to be delivered (Double-click this box for a calendar)
- Click the Line Details Icon: The ICON looks like this, , and is located just above the DUE DATE. This will bring you to the Requisition Line Detail panel as shown
Fill in the Buyer (for Travel it is always Travel Buyer and for per diem it is always per diem buyer) fill in the vendor and the vendor address. The vendor is whom the check is to be made out to. These are the only three blocks to fill out on this page.
Click OK and continue to the second tab, Requisition Schedule
- Schedule Number: Verity the number, 1, appears in the field.
- Verify ship to, due date, quantity, price and amount are correct.
- Click the Distribute icon, , to enter your CHARTFIELD numbers. You can do this in one of two way, either using the Speedchart option or manually enter all chartfields
To use the Speedchart option:
- Distribute by: change to Amt
- Place a checkmark in SpeedChart
- From the SpeedChart, pull down menu, select your department, and click in the box below the entry lines. This will automatically fill in these fields, Fund, DeptID, Program, and Class
- Fields that you will need to enter manually are: Location, Account and Bdgt Pd
To Manually enter your Chartfields
Distribute by: Leave as Qty
Manually enter the following codes. (To access the pull down menu for each field, click in the field box and the pull down menu arrow will display)
- Location: Internal department delivery location
- Bdgt Pd: This is usually the current budget year
This is where the majority of errors are made. Please double check that your numbers are correct. Especially when copying a pre existing requisition .
Step 4: Header Comments. Use this section to enter any comments you have either for in-house or for your vendor.
- Enter comments in the description field at the bottom of the panel.
- Check Send to Vendor, if the comments should be sent to the vendor.
Step 5: Save the Requisition
- Click the Save Icon, . The requisition ID will change from NEXT to a Requisition #.
- Your Requisition is now created!
Edit and Budget Check a Requisition
- From the Menu Bar select, Go | Admin Proc | Req. Item
- From the Menu Bar select, User | Requisition | Header Comments | Update/Display. The following panel will display.
Click to Enlarge
- Select your Requisition number. You can search by Requisition ID, Requisition Status, Origin, or Requester Name.
Click to Enlarge
- Highlight the Requisition # you want and Click OK
- Click the Process Edits icon, .
- If successful, this message will appear. Click OK to continue.
- Click the Refresh (Fetch) icon, , located to the right of the panel.
- Click the Budget Check icon, . If, successful, the following message will appear. Click Yes to continue.
- Budget Check changes from "NOT" to "VALID" if the requisition passes budget checking.
Approve Requisitions Chart fields
- From the Menu Bar, select Use | Chart field Approval | Details
- Search for your Requisition and double-click
- Review Details and Click on Approval Tab
- Review Chart Field info for Line items. Approve appears in the action field.
- Click Save.
Verify completed in approval status.