The PeopleSoft application stores a good amount of the data and panels you access in what are called "cache files". It does this so the application can access these areas faster than by accessing them each time. (Imagine loading all the Job Data objects every single time!) However, from time to time, these can become corrupt. There are primarily two different ways to clear out the cache files:
1. Close all instances of the application (Process Monitor, Query, etc.).
2. Open up Windows Explorer
3. Navigate to the c:\ps\cache directory
4. Either delete the "cache" directory entirely, or the subfolder of the database you are using. The next time PeopleSoft opens up, it will re-create this cache directory, so it is OK to delete it at this point.
5. Now, re-open the application. It will be slow the first time you access panels, while it loads these items into its cache files, but once loaded, the application should move much faster.
1. With the application open, navigate to Edit => Preferences => Configuration...
2. Once Configuration Manager is open, go back to the PeopleSoft application and close all instances of the application (Process Monitor, Query, etc.).
3. Go back to Configuration Manager, and click on the "Common Settings" tab.
4. Click the "Purge Cache Directories" button.
5. Select your database folder and click the "Delete" button, or just click "Delete All".
6. Click OK until Configuration Manager closes. Now it is safe to go back into the application.