Step 1: Open the Requisitions Panel
From the Menu Bar, select Go |Admin Proc | Req Items
From the Menu Bar, select Use | Req | Req Form | Add or Update/Display
The following information will be displayed. Business Unit is 27000 and Requisition ID is NEXT. Click OK
The following panel will display:
Step 2: Click on the Defaults/Detail panel
Enter what information you have first, then continue with the following:
Enter the information on What you want to order: Click the Req Form Tab to begin.
- Status: Verify that status is set to Pending Approval
- Requester: Select Requester from the pull down menu.
- Item ID: Leave Item ID blank
- Category: Select a Category. (Remember that this field is case sensitive)
- Long Description: Type in the description of the item. You may use COPY and PASTE for this field. Copy the information you need then click the Magnifying Glass next to the Long Description and PASTE the information.
- Quantity: Enter the correct quantity
- UOM: Select the Unit of Measure
- Price: Enter the unit price
- Ship To Location: This will almost always be RECEIVING.
- Due Date: Type in the current date or the date to be delivered (Double-click this box for a calendar)
Click the Line Details Icon: The ICON looks like this, , and is located just above the DUE DATE. This will bring you to the Requisition Line Detail panel as shown here.
Buyer: For a NON-TRAVEL and NON-PERDIEM requisition enter: Barbara Johnson
Vendor: Enter the Vendor's name from the pulldown list and click OK, unless you filled in the Default/Detail tab - if you did this then the information will already be here.
To add another line: Click on the scroll bar. This will activate additional icons on the Menu Bar. Click Insert Row located on the Menu Bar at the top of the page.
Step 3: Enter the Chartfield/Account number information
Click the Req Schedule Tab to begin
Schedule Number: Verity the number, 1, appears in the field.
Verify ship to, due date, quantity, price and amount are correct.
Click the Distribute icon, , to enter your CHARTFIELD numbers, and manually enter all chartfields. Again if you used the Default/Details tab this information will already be here. You would only have to add an account number.
To Manually enter your Chartfields
Distribute by: Leave as Qty
Manually enter the following codes. (To access the pulldown menu for each field, click in the field box and the pulldown menu arrow will display)
Location: Internal department delivery location
Bdgt Pd: This is usually the current budget year
Step 4: Header Comments.
Use this section to enter any comments you have either for in-house or for your vendor.Enter comments in the description field at the bottom of the panel. Check Send to Vendor, if the comments should be sent to the vendor.
Step 5: Save the Requisition
Click the Save Icon, . The requisition ID will change from NEXT to a Requisition #. Your Requisition is now created! Your req now needs to be approved and budget checked before it can be processed.