Travel Requisitions in Peoplesoft
Before the trip:
Step 1: Open the Requisitions Panel
- From the Menu Bar, select Go |Administer Procurement | Requisition Items
- From the Menu Bar, select Use | Requisitions | Requisition Form | Add
- The following information will be displayed. Business Unit is already 27000 and Requisition ID is NEXT . Since no action is required on your part click OK
- The following panel will display:
5. Just below the drop down arrow on the status line is an icon that looks like two pieces of paper. That is the copy icon. If you want to copy a preexisting requisition this is what you want to click.
This is what will appear after you click the copy icon.
6. Click on the down arrow to get the list of available requisitions to copy. This is what will appear next.
7. Now you must search through this list and find the one that you want to copy. If you know the name of it, type the name in the Requisition ID box (the very top box) and click search. For example, if you want to find the requisition called Travel, type in TRAVEL or TRAV% and click search
Once you select the req to be copied it will copied into the new requisition and you can make changes as described below.
Step 2: Fill in the Requisition Details
Status : Verify that status is set to Pending Approval
Requester : Verify that it is your name
Item ID : Leave Item ID blank unless ordering an asset
Category : Already filled in.
Long Description : You can modify this description if you would like to add more details (i.e.: can change Hotel Accommodations to Partridge Inn).
Quantity : Enter the correct quantity to match the unit of measure in the next field
UOM : Select the Unit of Measure
Price : Enter the unit price
Ship To Location : This will almost always be TRAVEL for travel requisitions.
Due Date : Select the travel date (Double-click this box for a calendar)
Below are common fields in travel requisitions
MI (price is the amount per mile ie .485)
Other travel expenses
Depends on type of expense (usually day or each)
Click the Line Details Icon : The ICON looks like this, , and is located just above the DUE DATE. This will bring you to the Requisition Line Detail panel as shown
Fill in the Buyer (for Travel it is always Travel Buyer and for per diem it is always per diem buyer, all others will be Cookie Eubanks) fill in the vendor and the vendor address. The vendor is whom the check is to be made out to. These are the only three blocks to fill out on this page.
Click OK and continue to the second tab, Requisition Schedule
Step 3: Requisition Schedule (verify information only)
- Schedule Number: Verify the number, 1, appears in the field.
- Verify ship to, due date, quantity, price and amount are correct.
- Click the Distribute icon, , to review or change your CHARTFIELD numbers (assuming you copied a travel requisition).
Step 4: Delete lines
If there are additional lines that you not need for this requisition.
click this icon on the menu bar, while your cursor is on the like you wish to delete.
To Manually enter your Chartfields
Manually enter the following codes. (To access the pull down menu for each field, click in the field box and the pull down menu arrow will display)
Account, Fund, Dept ID, Program, Class Budget Period
This is where the majority of errors are made. Please double check that your numbers are correct. Especially when copying a pre-existing requisition .
Step 5: Header Comments. Use this section to enter any comments you have either for in-house or for your vendor .
- Enter comments in the description field at the bottom of the panel.
- Check Send to Vendor , if the comments should be sent to the vendor.
.Step 6: Save the Requisition
- Click the Save Icon, . The requisition ID will change from NEXT to a Requisition #.
- Your Requisition is now created!
Approve Requisitions Chart fields
- From the Menu Bar, select Use | Chart field Approval | Details
- Search for your Requisition and double-click
- Review Details
- Click on Approval Tab and ensure that it read approval only after you have proof read the fields.
- Review Chart Field info for Line items. Approve appears in the action field.
- Click Save .
- Verify completed in approval status.
Edit and Budget Check a Requisition
- From the Menu Bar select, Go | Admin Proc | Req. Item
- From the Menu Bar select, User | Requisition | Header Comments | Update/Display. The following panel will display.
- Select your Requisition number. You can search by Requisition ID, Requisition Status, Origin, or Requester Name.
- Highlight the Requisition # you want and Click OK
- Click the Process Edits icon, If successful, this message will appear. Click OK to continue.
6. Click the Refresh (Fetch) icon, , located to the right of the panel.
7. Click the Budget Check icon, . If, successful, the following message will appear. Click Yes to continue.
8. Budget Check changes from "NOT" to "VALID" if the requisition passes budget checking.
After the trip - Create a change order for a travel requisition
To create a change order for a travel requisition you first open the requisition you need to change.
Step 1: Open the Requisitions Panel
- From the Menu Bar, select Go |Admin Proc | Req Items
- From the Menu Bar, select Use | Req | Req Form | Update/DisplayThe following information will be displayed. Business Unit is already 27000. The Requisition ID is blank. Enter the Requisition ID here. If you only know part of the ID, use the % wildcard, and click Search . For example, %58 would return Requisitions 0000000058, 0000000583 and 0000005830. Select the Requisition from the list and click Ok .
The Requisition Form panel will display:
Step 2: Create the Change Order
- Click the Line Details button.
- Click the Create Line Change button (the icon with the blue check mark) and make your changes. (see next screen)
3. Make the necessary changes. You can change the Quantity, Price, Description, etc. However, you cannot change the ChartFields. You can cancel or delete individual lines
Step 3: If needed, Cancel a Requisition Line
To cancel a requisition line the requisition has to have been budget checked and still be in budget check status. The cancel process will create a change order for the requisition. The line will be grayed out and the status will indicated cancelled. The line will not disappear. You must budget check again after cancelling a line .
1) Go to the Requisitions panel group to cancel the line. Go, Administer Procurement, Requisition Items, Use, Requisition, Header Comments, Update/Display
2) Confirm that the requisition is in budget check status (if not you need to budget check it, wait overnight for the accounting entries to process and continue)
3) Go to the Requisition Form Panel. Click on the Line Details button at the end of the Requisition Line
4) Click the Cancel Line button (the red X) see diagram below:
NOTE: if the Cancel Line button is not displayed, then the line cannot be cancelled. The requisition line does not meet the conditions for canceling. Possible reasons include:
The requisition has not been posted. Confirm that it has been approved and budget checked and then wait a day for the overnight process to post the accounting and try to cancel the next day.
The req has been sourced to a PO, (to check – click Inquire, PO Cross Reference and see if there is a PO attached to it) .
5) Save the requisition. The Requisition Edit process will launch automatically. Click the Refresh button on the Header Comments panel to confirm that the requisition edit has completed.
6) The requisition will need to be approved if it is in pending status. The requisition must be budget checked and posted.
7) Save the Requisition.
Step 4: Process the Requisition.
- The Requisition must be approved, edited, budget checked, and posted.
- Submit the Long Form and the receipts along with the Requisition ID number to the Travel Buyer.