Master of Science in Psychology
Admission Requirements and Procedures
l. Completed requirements for the bachelor's degree in a regionally accredited college/university. Successful applicants for regular graduate status will, at a minimum, have satisfactorily completed undergraduate courses in general psychology, behavioral statistics, and research methods. Those applying to the clinical track will also have satisfactorily completed the abnormal psychology class. It is also recommended that the undergraduate preparation include tests and measurements together with "core" courses, such as learning, biological psychology, social psychology, and history and systems of psychology.
2. A minimum grade point average equivalent to 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
3. Have taken the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) within the past five years. The analytical/writing GRE score must be 3.5 or higher, one of the remaining scores must be 400 or better, and one score must reach 450 or better.
4. Satisfactory letters of recommendation (3) and transcripts. At least two letters of recommendation should be from academic sources.
5. A 500 word statement regarding personal and professional goals with respect to graduate study at Augusta State University.
6. For students whose native language is other than English, the examination scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). An oral expression and comprehension evaluation may also be required.
7. For foreign students, a financial form provided by the Office of Admissions.
For any further questions, contact Jacqueline Griffin at
(706) 737-1694 or email@example.com