Master of Science in Psychology
Please print, complete, and mail the Graduate Program Application and the Letter of Recommendation form (three letters are required, see below).
April 1 is the early deadline and May 1 is the final deadline for consideration of submitted application materials.
Application fee should be paid by check or money order and made payable to Augusta State University.
Cash and counter checks are NOT accepted.
Applications for admission will be accepted until May 1 for fall admission. It is preferred that the application for admission be made several months prior to the anticipated admission date. A final decision regarding acceptance into the graduate program can be made only upon receipt of official GRE scores, official transcripts, three letters of reference, and a personal statement of educational and professional goals. Under special circumstances students may be granted permission to enroll in certain courses in a post-baccalaureate status while the application is being processed.
Inquiries are encouraged especially from members of minority groups and older persons, from human service personnel employed by local community agencies, and from persons possessing otherwise adequate credentials but who may have a deficit in a single credential such as quantitative GRE scores or freshman grade point average, or who may lack specific undergraduate preparation in psychology. In such cases, the department may use appropriate other information in the admission decision, and may require satisfactory remediation of any academic deficits prior to full acceptance.
A Graduate Applicant must submit the following documents. Notification of a decision will be made by email and mail. The applicant should notify the Department of Psychology if a change of address occurs during the application process. The early deadline to receive all application materials is April 1 and the final deadline is May 1.
1. A formal application and non-refundable $50 application fee. Payment may be made by check or money order (no cash or counter checks) and made payable to Augusta State University. Complete the application taking care that all questions are answered. Incomplete applications will delay your admission.
2. Two official transcripts from EACH regionally accredited school and/or university attended regardless of whether the referenced coursework was transferred and appears on a subsequent transcript. All the transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing agency to the Department of Psychology, Augusta State University, Augusta, Georgia 30904-2200.
3. Three letters of recommendation from former teachers or non-related persons who have direct knowledge of your potential to succeed in and benefit from a graduate program. (At least 2 must be academic references).
4. An official test score report on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Aptitude Test. The submitted scores must not be more than five years old. The applicant's copy of the score report or a test score entry on a college transcript is not an acceptable score report.
5. A 500 word statement which expresses the basis of your interest in enrolling in psychology at Augusta State University. Give attention to your immediate academic goals and to your future professional goals. Your dated and signed statement will be evaluated for its overall organization, clarity, and grammar. The ability to write well is a prerequisite to adequate academic performance at the graduate level.
6. An official score report for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This is a requirement for ALL STUDENTS WHOSE NATIVE LANGUAGE IS OTHER THAN ENGLISH. In addition, all foreign students must submit a financial responsibility statement which is to be prepared on the form provided by the Office of Admissions.
7. A completed non-resident fee waiver form, if applicable. In accordance with the Board of Regents' policy for the University System of Georgia, the following applicants are eligible to attend Augusta State University as residents of the State of Georgia:
a) Full time employees of the University System of Georgia, their spouses and dependents
b) Georgia public school teachers and their dependent children
c) Active duty military personnel stationed in Georgia and their dependents
Applicants who are eligible should contact the department to obtain a fee waiver form.
For any further questions, contact Jacqueline Griffin at
(706) 737-1694 or firstname.lastname@example.org