Contributing Writer Damon Armour Information Technology
Kim O. Smith
Central Energies Plant
You may have noticed the tractor trailers parked behind the Fine Arts Center and wondered what is going on. It’s only one more construction project in a long list that has completely changed the face of Augusta State over the past decade. According to Therese Rosier, assistant vice president for plant operations, several new projects have begun and others are continuing.
1. The Fine Arts Center is closed for the summer while the air conditioning and office lights are being replaced. The fire alarm system is also being updated.
2. An addition to the Central Energies Plant is being constructed to house additional boilers and chillers. The new equipment will be in operation next spring.
3. The garage across from Continuing Education, which was being used for ROTC storage, is being converted into six faculty art studios. Construction will begin this summer and is expected to be completed by the end of the year. ROTC storage has been moved to the old biology lab.
4. The roof on the warehouse housing the Ceramics Studio is currently being replaced.
5. Several small renovations are taking place this summer in Allgood and University Halls to create new faculty office space.
6. The back road is now completely open. Further construction on the Loop Road (in front of Washington Hall) is expected to start in late summer.
7. Improvements are being made to the dam at the Forest Hills Golf Course.
ASU Report Online is published monthly by the Office of Public Relations and Publications. Submit your items for publications prior to the third week of the month. Phone: 706-737-1444 • Fax: 706-737-1774 • Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
A unit of the University System of Georgia.
Contact webmaster for more information.