Augusta's University (2001 - Present)
Allgood Hall, completed in 2002, is a 123,000 square foot, $20 million building named in honor of former state senator and regent of the University System of Georgia, Thomas F. Allgood, Sr., and his wife, "T".
University Hall, a $22 million project opened for classes in fall 2004. That project also included the redesign of the Walton Way entrance to campus–adding a 19-foot-high wrought iron fountain.
With construction finished on the two classroom replacement buildings, demolition of six aged academic buildings (former arsenal warehouses) was completed in 2004. A 50,000 square-foot Jaguar Student Activities Center, connected to Reese Library, opened in 2005, providing wellness facilities, meeting rooms, ballroom, and new dining facilities. In 2009, the D. Douglas Barnard, Jr., Amphitheatre opened, which provides an outdoor venue for programs and student activities.
A new master plan was adopted in 2004 to guide the university's future growth and includes the university's first student housing complex, University Village. The gated residential complex, which opened in 2005, is located near ASU’s Wrightsboro Road property. It provides housing for approximately 500 students.
Augusta State University
2500 Walton Way Augusta, GA 30904 706-737-1444
Produced by the Office of Public Relations and Publications