October 29, 2007
Science Olympiad searches for former participants
Augusta, Ga. – The National Science Olympiad is looking for a few good alumni. The nation-wide science competition for middle and high school students needs information from past participants and hopes to compile the results of a survey that will help in the planning of future events.
William Wellnitz, Augusta State University professor of biology, serves as the Georgia Science Olympiad director and was instrumental in attracting the national competition to ASU in 2009. He is asking anyone who has ever competed in Science Olympiad activities to answer several questions and email the responses to email@example.com, or visit http://www.aug.edu/soq to fill out the questionnaire by Nov. 12.
The questions on the survey are as follows:
* What college or university do/did you attend?
* In what state did you compete in the Science Olympiad?
* How many years did you compete in the Science Olympiad?
* What was your favorite event?
* Did you ever receive a medal for first, second or third place?
* Did your school ever qualify for a state competition?
* Did your school qualify for national competition? If yes, what year?