|Learning Support, Rules for Students in|
A student in the Learning Support Program who is permitted to take regular credit courses is subject to the university regulations concerning probation and suspension. However, these regulations do not apply to hours of "institutional credit" attempted or earned.
- During each semester of enrollment, all Learning Support students, including those attending part-time, must first register for all required Learning Support courses before being allowed to register for other courses.
Two exceptions are possible:
- When two or three Learning Support courses are required and a student is enrolled in at least one Learning Support course, a freshman orientation course or physical education or other activity or performance courses may be taken that semester instead of one of the required Learning Support courses. These courses must be chosen from Augusta State University orientation (ASUO 1000), physical education (WELL), military science (MILS), or music (MUSA or MUSI).
- In the event that a required Learning Support course is not offered, a student may enroll in a course for degree credit if the student has met the course prerequisites, subject to the written approval of the Chair of Learning Support. No exceptions shall be made regarding prerequisites.
- Until individual Learning Support requirements have been satisfied, students will not be permitted to take credit courses which assume the content or the skills of a student's required Learning Support courses as prerequisites:
- Mathematics 0096, 0097, and 0099 are prerequisites for Mathematics 1111; English 0097 and 0099 are prerequisites for English 1101; Biology 2111 and Biology 2112; Reading 0097 and 0099 are prerequisites for English 1101.
- In addition, students who are enrolled in Reading 0097 may enroll only in the following credit courses: Mathematics courses; all 1000-level Applied Music (MUSA) courses; all music ensembles and all 0000 - 1000-level music courses; all 1000- and 2000-level art courses; 1000- and 2000-level Military Science courses; all 1000-level Physical Education courses; Military Science courses; Communication/Drama 2500, 2510.
- Students enrolled in Reading 0099 may enroll in the courses listed above and in Communication/ Speech 1010 and 1020.
- Once assigned to the Learning Support Program, a student may not accumulate more than twenty (20) hours of academic credit before completing all Learning Support requirements. A student who accumulates twenty (20) hours of academic credit, and has not successfully completed required Learning Support courses, may enroll only in Learning Support courses until requirements in Learning Support are successfully completed.
- Students who do not complete the requirements for passing each required area of Learning Support after a maximum of three (3) attempts per area, will be placed on Learning Support Dismissal and will not be eligible to continue in the program. The student may not be considered for readmission within three years of the dismissal.