Behavioral Assessment and Intervention PolicyThe Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Team is dedicated to a proactive, coordinated and planned approach to the identification, prevention, assessment, management, and reduction of interpersonal and behavioral threats to the safety and well being of Augusta State University students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Provide a safe physical environment for members of the university community
- Provide a safe emotional environment for the university community
- Promote peace of mind for friends and family of the university community
- Assess and respond to incidents in order to promote a safe environment
- Identify, assess and respond to threatening behaviors that risk disruption of the learning and working environment and university activities
It is the responsibility of faculty, staff, and students to immediately report any situation that could possibly result in harm to anyone at the university. Any member of the campus community may become aware of a troubling person or situation that is causing serious anxiety, stress, or fear. However, assessment of behavior that might constitute a threat should not be confused with management of a crisis. A crisis may be defined where a person may pose an active or immediate risk of violence to self or others. In these cases the university police should be contacted at 706-729-2911.
Submitting a BAIT Form
ITS has recommended that the incident report form be put under MyASU so that it is behind a firewall since email is not confidential. The instructions to submit a form are listed below:
One can access the form by:
- Logging into MyASU http://myasu.aug.edu
- Click the Elroy tab
- Click Personal Information link
- Click Behavioral Assessment Incident Form link