Admission to the Teacher Education Program
The deadline for submitting an application to the Teacher Education Program are:
For Fall 2013 entrance to the program, applications must be in by April 19, 2013.
For Spring 2014 entrance to the program, application must be in by November 15, 2013.
Application should be submitted to Mrs. Andrea Shelton by scheduling an appointment. The appointment should be made prior to the deadlines. The best way to set up an appointment is by emailing Mrs. Shelton with at least 3 different dates and times that you are available, and she will be happy to get back to you with the scheduled appointment date and time. Please state in the email your area of study and your student I.D. number.
If you cannot schedule an appointment with Mrs. Shelton in time, then you may drop off your application in the Teacher Education suite, UH366. Mrs. Shelton's box is clearly marked Andrea Shelton.
Criteria to Enter the Program
1. Complete AREA A-F of your Track Sheet. (Foreign Language students will work with their advisors to establish the completion time of their track sheets.) All students must complete the ECUC 2110, 2120 and 2130 before entering the program, even if it is not part of AREA A-F.
2. A minimum GPA of 2.50 (Regents) or a GPA of 2.50 (Overall) as a transfer student into ASU. (These can be found on your Academic Summary).
3. A grade of "C" or better in all classes utilized on the Track Sheet.
4. Successful performance of the GACE Basic Skills Test. Note: Students may exempt GACE Basic Skill Test with:
- SAT-Composite score of 1000 using Math & Verbal
- ACT- Composite score of 43 using math & English
- GRE- Composite score of 1030 using Quantitative & Verbal
5. A record free of criminal and disciplinary problems.
Admission to the Teacher Education program is a prerequisite for all upper division level professional education courses. Student must be admitted into the Teacher Education Program in order to enroll in these courses.
Andrea Shelton, Undergraduate Pre-Admit Academic Advisor &
Teacher Education Admissions Coordinator
College of Education
Phone: (706) 729-2581
Fax: (706) 667-4706
Office: UH 362