University College Requirements
To be considered for admission to University College, students must possess one of the following:
- CPC diploma with at least a 2.0 GPA on CPC units
- Tech Prep diploma with at least a 2.2 GPA on Tech Prep units.
(Students will be required to make up missing CPC units.)
All students admitted through University College must take the placement test COMPASS.
College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) Requirements
Any missing units must be made up and do not count toward graduation. A grade of C or better is required for CPC credit.
- English: 4 Units
- Mathematics: 4
(2 Units of Algebra; 1 Unit of Geometry; and 1 Unit of Senior Math)
- Social Science: 3 Units
- Foreign Language: 2 Units
(Must be the same language.)
In order to exit University College you must complete each of the following:
- Clear all Learning Support and/or CPC (College Preparatory Curriculum) deficiencies, if applicable.
- Exit ASUO 1000 with a grade of "C" or better.
- Complete 30 credit-hours in core areas A-E.
- Complete area A of the core curriculum.
(A grade of C or better is required in ENGL 1101/1102.)
- Have a 2.0 or higher overall GPA.
Many, but not all, of the students admitted through University College have Learning Support requirements. See the Learning Support page for additional information.