Women's Studies News
A lot has been going on in Women's Studies—check back frequently to see what we have been up to.
Women's Studies Symposium on Facebook! (10/15/2012)
The 2013 Women's Studies Symposium is now on Facebook! "Like" our page in order to see updates about symposium planning in your news feed. You can find us at: Augusta Women's Studies Symposium March 2013
Symposium Call for Papers Now Available (9/26/2012)
The Call for Papers for the 2013 Augusta State University Women's Studies Symposium is now available online! The theme of the symposium is "Our Bodies, Ourselves, Our Voices: Health and Human Rights in the Twenty-First Century." Proposals are due December 21, 2012.
Alumnus Melinda McKew in GSU Newspaper (9/22/2012)
McKew, who graduated with a Women's Studies minor in 2011, is completing her Master's degree in Women's Studies at Georgia State.
Women's Studies Program on Facebook (8/11/2012)
The Women's Studies Program is now on Facebook! "Like" our page in order to see updates about events and classes in your news feed. You can find us at: Augusta State University Women's Studies Program
RCSAS Announces Volunteer Trainings (8/10/2012)
RCSAS is in need of sexual assault volunteer advocates who typically answer crisis calls as well as support victims at local emergency rooms. However, volunteers are also needed to help with fairs and fundraisers.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in becoming a volunteer for RCSAS, please contact RCSAS at 706.724.5200. The next trainings are September 6-10, 2012 and October 18-22. See flyer here.
New DVDs at Reese Library (8/9/2012)
Chisholm '72: Unbought and Unbossed (2004)
— Description on IMDB
- Persepolis (2007) — Description on IMDB
- Return (2011) — Description on IMDB
- Quinceanera (2006) — Description on IMDB
- Crime After Crime (2011) — Description on IMDB
- The Purity Myth: The Virginity Movement’s War Against Women (2011) — Description on Media Education Foundation
- Miss Representation (2011) — Description at MissRepresentation.org
Women's Studies in the Media
- "Take Back the Night Events Planned" (4/19/11)
- "Wonder Woman Flies into the Symposium" (3/15/11)
- "No Budget for the Search for A Women's Studies Director" (4/27/2010)
- "'Love Your Body' Opens Eyes to Natural Beauty" (10/26/10)
- "Reese Library awarded Women's Studies books" (11/24/2009)
- "Family Room is convenient for students and their children" (11/9/2009) -- The Family Room at Reese Library was developed following a Take Action project for Dr. Williams' WMST 1101 course!
- "Violence Awareness Week makes its debut at Augusta State" (10/13/2009)
- "The Women's Studies Program celebrates its 10-year anniversary" (3/7/2009)
- "Women's Studies announces interim director" (1/27/2009)
- "Take Back the Day Walk" Video Clip (4/15/2012)
- "Exposing dark crimes" (4/27/11)
- "Rally urges victims to reclaim night" (4/21/2011)
- "Walk aims to prevent sexual violence" (4/14/2011)
- "Survivors and supporters 'Take Back the Night'" (4/21/11)
- "Volunteers raise sexual assault awareness through weeklong events" (4/19/11)