------------EXCEL LP |(2/pg format)
Aggreg Plng In Class Exercise Worksheets (2/pg format)
Aggregate Planning In Class Exercise 2 (EXCEL template)
Lab EXCEL LP2 Softwater exercise shell (ungraded)
Siemens Climbs Back, BusinessWeek, June 5, 2000.
Frontline Systems (tutorial)
Learning Curves (2/pg format)
Break Even Analysis (2/pg format)
Capacity Concepts (2/pg format)
Breakeven analysis sensitivity (ungraded lab)
1. Read textbook chapter 12: Facilities and Aggregate Planning. Think about the following questions:
a. What is the relationship between a firm's aggregate plan and its ability to compete in the areas of: cost, quality, dependability, flexibility, time and service?
b. In what ways can a firm make temporary changes in capacity so that it can better accommodate actual or anticipated orders?
Optimization (Linear Programming)
1. Read textbook technical chapter 5: Linear Programming.
2. What are the four properties of linear programming problems?
3. Look at the tutorial at Frontline systems.
Think About It
1. One way to adjust capacity is to manipulate the workforce. What means are available to adjust workforce capacity? Under what conditions is workforce adjustment difficult?
2. What is the master production schedule?
3. What are the pure strategies for production planning?
4. You should be able to solve a linear programming (LP) problem graphically, including identifying the optimal solution and computing the value of the objective function at the optimal solution.
5. You should be able to formulate an LP problem by reading a description of the problem and translating the narrative into a mathematical description including constraints and objective function.
6. You should be able to solve an LP problem using EXCEL and interpret the results.
Chapter 12: 6, 8, 9, 10.
Technical Chapter 5: 1, 2.
Chapter 12: 4 (a - ONLY).
Technical Chapter 5: 1, 2. (Graphical and EXCEL). Note: Q1 - constraints are LE and Q2 - constraints are GE.
Post Class Work